Thursday, February 19, 2015

Novel Map

Who likes maps? I do. They help you find your way around without getting lost. The same is true when they're included in books. Many authors use such tools, two of whom I love and admire: J.R.R. Tolkien and George R.R. Martin. Lots of abbreviations in the literary world...Well, I followed in their footsteps. Whenua, the world I have created for my protagonist Liberty, is a large island with a lot of Maori names. Locations are difficult enough to remember when written in your native language, so I decided to construct a map to help my readers remember. It'll also help them orient the story. And here it is, ladies and gentlemen: the map of Whenua. Be warned: it probably isn't finished and will most likely change. I altered names as recent as yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment