Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Packwood

My husband and I just took off work for a long weekend with some friends. We all stayed in a cabin out in Packwood, Washington. For those of you unfamiliar with the teeny town, it's pretty dang close to Mount Rainier. Only we didn't get to troop around the beautiful mountain, so that was a bummer. It rained the whole day we were supposed to hike around the volcano. That's alright though. We took a nice long stroll (not quite hike - 600ft elevation gain) to Packwood Lake, from which we had a lovely view of Agnes Island and Johnson Peak. We also saw the sun rise on Rainier, so all in all it wasn't too shabby. Plus we got to learn a new game called Munchkin. It's sort of a satirical play on Dungeons and Dragons, and I highly recommend it. I'll include a picture, and here's a link to the Amazon page. Just in case you're curious.

Ooh! Also, follow me on Flickr if you have an account.












No comments:

Post a Comment