Saturday, January 18, 2014

50mm Macro Lens

Yay for my macro lens! I think I told you Timmy bought one for me for Christmas. If so, this is an in-your-face reminder. If not, it's just in-your-face. I want to show you how much closer a macro lens can get to objects than my other 2 lenses. Wanna see? Ok! Now I used my Seahawks button made for me by a girl at work. The Hawks play the 49ers on Sunday for the NFC Championship game, and we're gonna win! We have so much more pride. All of Seattle and its surrounding suburbs are painted up in blue and green and 12th man. Sorry, it's infectious. The Texans are as ever my #1 team, but since they've put themselves way out of contention for anything but first draft picking status I'm for the hawks all the way this year. And here is the difference between each lens. All of these were taken as zoomed in and as close as possible. No cropping was done. Also notice the decreasing depth of field (increased blurriness surrounding the in-focus area) as you go from top to bottom.

75-300mm telephoto zoom lens from 4.9ft away
 18-55 kit lens from 0.8ft away
 50mm macro lens from 0.749ft away

No comments:

Post a Comment