Friday, January 17, 2014

Canon EOS 1

At work we took in a camera that needed testing to see if it would work. You see, it's easy to test a digital camera-you can immediately see the results. The EOS 1 is a 35mm camera, so we have to make sure it doesn't either under or overexpose the film. I grabbed an 85mm 1.2 lens, meaning the depth of field is super shallow. 1.2 isn't an aperture that's available on most lenses. Well, the film was underexposed, but I got to keep the film. I don't have a great scanner for film. It does well with images, but there isn't a separate scanning setting for film. I made do. I started it before I left for work and scanned at the highest resolution possible...something around 7000 or something. It took a few hours but I was able to scan the film well enough to edit full-sized images. I edited them a bit in photoshop to get them back to normal coloring. They're terrible quality, but I actually like the results. It's art!






















No comments:

Post a Comment