Thursday, August 15, 2013

Texas Visit: Lanier Place

I am back from the Lone Star State, and after 22 years and 11 months of living there I still went somewhere I had never been before. Mark Lanier is a wealthy lawyer from the Spring area, and he has a great amount of property. He's a cool lawyer, though, because he lets people onto that property (at least, part of it) to take pictures and study. Yes, study. He has an enormous theological library on that property along with an adorable chapel. There's even a zoo and a train station and, yes, even a Tardis for you Whovians. We normal people know them as phone booths. Now the access to the property is limited because it is private, which I understand completely, but we had access to the chapel and library. I took pictures like a good photographer.





 Replica of a Mosaic in Turkey
 Book of Esther in Hebrew















 Printed on the Gutenberg Printing Press (though not by Gutenberg)






No comments:

Post a Comment