Saturday, December 22, 2012

Enlargers

In the olden days, people used to develop film and photos themselves in these mysterious places called "dark rooms." Fortunately for me, two of my schools-both high school and college-still went back to these old ways. I love developing my own film and photos. It makes me feel much more involved with the process, and it also helped me procrastinate from other classes. Sometimes it takes hours to get the image right.  When developing your own images, you use this fantastic machine called an enlarger. Enlargers are basically fancy contraptions that provide light for turning negatives positive. Another fun thing to do with an enlarger is put down a piece of light sensitive paper and place objects on top of that. You can create photographs without ever using a camera, and it's interesting to see how different materials appear once the paper is developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment