Friday, December 14, 2012

The Eyes are the Window to the Soul

Here was my opportunity to be "deep" in the metaphoric sense. It does happen on the rare occasion, like when I told a bunch of people at church camp that solving world hate would also solve world hunger. But that's another story for another time. We were assigned in my college film photography class to take portraits of people. I don't remember if we needed a theme, but I picked one anyway. This statement got me thinking about how to make portraits interesting. I decided to have my friends cover large portions of their faces in order to focus on the eyes. My idea was to show how the eyes are the window to the soul. We can sometimes tell a person's character with naught but a glance. Some of the images came out a bit comical, but I think you get the point.






No comments:

Post a Comment