Thursday, December 13, 2012

Introduction

The definition of "amateur" according to Google (and we KNOW Google is always right!) is "a person who engages in a pursuit, esp. a sport, on an unpaid basis." Now I am an amateur as far as sports go; I play ultimate frisbee and disc golf and never get paid. However, in this blog, I am applying the definition to the pursuit of one of my hobbies-photography. I have taken many photography classes in my short life span. In high school I took three years of photography (all 3 were 35mm film classes) and ended up lettering. Yes, you can letter in pretty much anything. I hear the 4-year bus rider letter is pursued fervently. In college, though I majored in interior design, I was still intrigued by photography. I took two semesters of photography classes-one was black and white 35mm film photography and the other was digital photography. With all my awesome skills under my belt and a very nice DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T3 around my neck, I venture out and take artistic pictures of the world around me. This blog is dedicated to my findings. And yes, the person in the picture above is me (in case you were wondering).

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your new blog. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an artistic eye that you make ordinary pictures look so amazing!!! Love you too! ~~Mom Parker

    ReplyDelete