Thursday, April 4, 2013

Word of the Day: Redbrick

I must have jinxed the word of the day's frequency, because today I received another word lending itself to the possibility of being photographed. The definition of "redbrick" is in the word itself: it describes something built of red brick. Easy enough. Another given definition is of Redbrick when capitalized like so, and it is "of, related to, or being the British universities founded in the 19th or early 20th centuries." Since I live in Washington and not Great Britain, this second definition is much harder to take pictures of. This picture I am using applies to the first, and easiest, definition. It is also a repeat picture from a previous post because I accidentally downloaded a virus and have to post this from my smart phone-turned-itouch. Oh well, I'm sure you will forgive me in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment