Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 19: Something Orange

I don't have much orange around the house. Quite frankly I think it's an ugly color, though when paired with other colors sometimes it's not so bad. Fortunately for me, I collect shot glasses (as I mentioned earlier). I do have a couple orange ones: one from Cozumel, Mexico and one from Palo Duro Canyon which is close to Amarillo, Texas. My parents and I drove up to Colorado last fall to attend one of my cousin's weddings. We took the road through the panhandle partially because my baby sister goes to West Texas A&M (19 miles from Amarillo in a town named Canyon). Canyon is named for the canyon. Imagine that. We decided that on the way home we would make a pit stop at Palo Duro Canyon. I hadn't seen it since I was a small child. I think I was younger than five. After driving around and taking some cool photos, we decided to check out the souvenir shop. Of course I looked for shot glasses. The one I settled on was made out of clay from the canyon or something like that, giving it an orange hue. And that's my story about how I got something orange for my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment