Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 5: From a High Angle

Okay, so I cheated a little on this one. I took this picture a couple years ago. I really wanted to share it, though, and there's not much around here worth taking a picture of from a high angle. Not unless I want to drive a ways. While on Spring Break with my family in 2011 we had many spontaneous adventures. This is from our time in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We woke up in the morning to see hot air balloons surrounding our hotel. One of them was piloted by an Air Force vet. We walked over to the balloon to get some pictures, and the pilot engaged in some small talk. He found out our brother is in the Air Force and offered to give us a tethered ride in the hot air balloon. Of course we said yes. Though it was tethered and doesn't count as an actual hot air balloon ride, it was still the opportunity of a lifetime. This shot was taken from the basket. My parents and some other onlookers are on the ground below.

No comments:

Post a Comment