Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mom and Dad Visit: Deep Creek Canyon

I'M BAAAAACK!!!! And so is Deep Creek Canyon. When you find a place you like you keep returning, right? Right. And you show everyone you love. I don't know how many posts I've done on this canyon, but all of the pictures turn out different. If I do take the same picture twice, I'm sure you love the refresher. If not, I guess you'll have to survive. I had so much fun with my mom and dad up here, and over the next few days I will relive those memories by sharing them with you. It was overcast on the day we went to the canyon, and we felt a few raindrops before we reached the top. That's about the worst weather we've had on that hike, so I'm not complaining. We took the easy route this time. Normally we traverse across a rocky hillside, but this time we took the trail from the bottom. It's much less difficult that way, and you don't feel like you're gonna create a rock slide at any moment. We are always on the lookout for wildlife, and we saw a bunch! Mostly bugs...and frogs...and snails...but we did see a bald eagle! Too bad I decided against bringing my telephoto lens. Oh well, worse things have happened. Like the Titanic sinking. And the Holocaust. And the Bubonic Plague. Yes, those things were much, much worse. On a cheery note, here are the pictures!






























1 comment:

  1. my two favorites: that last snail pic and the ants! so awesome! oh, and the bald eagle! :D

    ReplyDelete