Friday, June 14, 2013

Word of the Day: Millefleur

Somehow I don't think this word is widely used in the current English language. Probably because it looks uber French. "Millefleur" means "having an allover pattern of small flowers and plants." The picture comes from Las Vegas' Bellagio hotel. The Bellagio was by far my favorite hotel in Vegas. It's classy and beautiful, and I would go back in a heartbeat if I knew I could spend the night in one of its rooms. I wouldn't even leave the room. Who cares about the creepy night life? I don't. Hook me up with some room service and I'm good. This pattern was in the room of flower gardens. There was a Ferris wheel (small scale), butterfly garden, carousel or something, and other fun stuff. Flowers were everywhere, even on the floor. I'm serious. These tiles were not on a wall mural. This was the floor. It was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment