Friday, June 14, 2013

Mom and Dad Visit: Silverwood

On the last day my parents were here, my husband and I took them to a theme park in Idaho called Silverwood. It has a waterpark too, but I took no pictures in that area despite having my waterproof camera. It's more difficult to keep track of when you're holding onto an inner tube for dear life. And by "holding on...for dear life" I mean it was a flipping blast. Most of these pictures came from the log flume. That, by the way, is a very dry ride unless you happen to be one of the unfortunate few who end up being blasted by a water canon when you think you've safely avoided the splashing. The roller coaster pictured is the only steel one that was opened during our visit. Sad, because the other is so much more epic. That's right. There are two steel roller coasters and two wooden ones.  Everything else is much smaller as far as rides go, but the egg scrambler is always a hit. We also took a Downton Abbey-esque ride in a baby Model T-looking car. Tim drove. I say that so you don't think I took pictures while driving a tiny 2-speed (moving and stopped) car on a track. I'm not dumb. That's how people die. Put your cameras away, tiny children. We had super amounts of fun and will be attending the closest amusement park to us again  in the future.










No comments:

Post a Comment