Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Final Thoughts

Triple? Whoa, dude. That's cray. Well, I'd like to add some final thoughts of the day. I haven't done this before, and it probably won't happen very often. I have this tendency to get really worked up over certain things, and sometimes that's dangerous. That is why I will limit these types of posts. On my personality test, one of my top 5 strengths was "belief," and you better believe it. When I believe something, I firmly believe it. That doesn't mean I'm close minded and ignorant; quite the contrary, it means I research and affirm my position before holding fast. And I don't condemn/judge anyone for theirs. I simply am not easily swayed from mine. ANYWAYS, I would like to post in memory of those who were lost as well as the loved ones they left behind on that fateful day twelve years ago today. On September 11, 2001, I entered my sixth grade science class, first period of the day, only to find my distraught teacher Mrs. B talking about some plane that hit a building in New York. I didn't even understand the full extent of the situation until I got home and my mother was watching the news playing the same pictures over and over again on the television. That day is burned in my mind despite my only being eleven years old at the time. I cried thinking about the nearly 3,000 people who died. I cried listening to the little girl sing at the Pennsylvania field where her father's plane crashed and everyone on board died. I cried watching the movie Flight 97, the movie depicting that man and his co-fliers' brave fight against the terrorist hijackers. Now people have all kinds of conspiracy theories flying around, and everyone thinks we went to war for this reason or that. No matter what people say, it won't change the past, and it won't change that all those lives were lost. The best thing we can do is remember the bond that was formed that day between citizens of the USA and live our lives and run our country in such a manner that those people and many thousands (maybe millions) before them did not die in vain. God bless America, God bless the world, and God bless those who lost their lives both on our soil and abroad so that we can stand here today and say whatever ill things we want to about them and each other. They are our heroes, and we would do well to embed them in our memories. God bless our troops.



No comments:

Post a Comment