Thursday, September 5, 2013

Word of the Day: Aseptic

Wow. I have been terrible in regards to keeping up with the word of the day. The last one I posted was way back in July! I have six saved to my computer that I need to do. Here is the first one: aseptic. Aseptic means "preventing infection" and "free or freed from pathogenic microorganisms." Since I do not currently have a cut due to my being super careful in keeping out of situations in which I may receive one (not), I cannot take a picture of the second definition. The first I can do. I took a picture of everyone's favorite antiseptic (not the same word, but close) Hydrogen Peroxide. No matter how many times people tell you it doesn't, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE STINGS! It may not be knives in the skin stinging, but it hurts. Quit telling me it doesn't. Now that my mini rant is over, "aseptic" is a general adjective and "antiseptic" is more specific. They're basically the same thing, though, so I don't care that "antiseptic" is written on the bottle instead. If you do care then you can suck it.


No comments:

Post a Comment