Monday, September 30, 2013

Word of the Day: Cocoon

Today's word is "cocoon." The definition of this word is "to wrap or envelop in or as if in a cocoon." Now I hate those definitions. You know, the ones where they use the word (same form or otherwise) in the definition of the word. If I didn't know that a cocoon was a silky thingy that many insects make when they're in the pupa stage, I would have no clue what the heck that definition was trying to say. Good thing I know what a cocoon is. I haven't seen a cocoon in ages, butterfly or otherwise, so I haven't a picture of an actual cocoon. Instead, I'm sharing a "to wrap...as if in a cocoon" photograph of my sweet little Sonic. He gets super cuddly after bath time because he HATES the water. After he's dunked he just wants to snuggle in a warm towel, and I have some adorable photos of his post-bath wrap. This one will melt your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment