Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Word of the Day: Orchidaceous

It's October 1st already?? Where did September go? I guess we should wake up Billie Joe Armstrong now. If you don't get that joke, you don't know that he's the lead singer of Green Day and you don't know that he sings the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends." Sorry, joke's lost on you. We are starting October off really well! The government shut down (wait, it hadn't before?!), my wisdom teeth need to be pulled, my hedgie is living in his own filth because I don't have time to clean out his box right now, and it's cold. Perfect! It will get better though. Know why? Because it's almost Tim's and my 1-year anniversary! Yay! And I'm totally getting away from the subject of this post. Oops. "Orchidaceous," an adjective, can mean either "of, relating to, or resembling the orchids" or "showy, ostentatious." Since the only "showy, ostentatious" thing I can think of is Lady Gaga and I have never seen her at a concert or in person and therefore have not taken a photo of her, I will stick with the first definition. Especially since..well, my favorite flowers are orchids, and Tim bought me one a couple months ago. It's dead now, poor thing, but it's getting cold here and there wasn't much sunlight either in the basement (duh!) or outside. Fortunately I took pictures before it kicked the bucket. I'm sharing one with you because I care. And because it fits the word of the day. Hopefully it will fill your heart with joy and make you forget for a second that morons run our country and a minority of them have way more power than they should. And they're getting paid to do nothing while people are losing jobs and salaries all around them. So thank God for Ted Cruz who will donate his pay during the shutdown to charity and thank God for Lynn Jenkins who wrote a letter to house officials requesting that her pay be suspended during this time. That's one (one) step in the right direction. Now I won't write anymore because I will get angry, so here's a pretty orchid to calm me (and maybe you) down. Oooohhh pretty! Yay! Happy! happy. Happy! (Zoolander reference) and I'm done. Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment