Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Photo A Day 20: Something Old

This sounds like a wedding post. Since I (understandably) didn't take any photos of my own during my wedding/reception I will not use a picture from that wonderful day. Instead, here is a picture I took on (and of) the doorstep of an old house that was built in 1895. It's called Moody Mansion and it is located in Galveston, Texas. It has a cool history. The family that lived there during the hurricane of 1900 helped save a bunch of people from being swept out to sea. They tied themselves to ropes and waded out in the waist-deep water to catch people adrift on various floating debris. Such good people. The inside as well as the outside is beautiful. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside...too bad. I could have gotten some great shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment