Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Creative Self-Portraits

It's funny. I keep saying I don't like self-portraits, but then I post more of them. When you think about it, though, it makes sense. Somehow people need to find out if I can take good pictures of people, not just scenery. I'm very limited on guinea pigs. Both kinds, because I have zero actual guinea pigs. In Spokane I have made zero friends. I have some of my family, but they have to be my friends. At work I'm still getting to know people, so we're not in a "Hey! Will you let me take pictures of you and allow them to be posted on the internet?" stage yet. I could ask my family, but the upstairs one is gone for the weekend and I don't like inconveniencing them just for a photo shoot. There's my husband, but he's frightfully busy, and even if there was time to take pictures, I'm not sure he'd put up with me for long. So that leaves me. I like to pretend I'm actually taking pictures of my hypothetical twin sister Tara so it doesn't feel like I'm trying to promote myself. Self-portraits are probably the hardest things to photograph. It is really hard to position yourself in the right place, the camera can only achieve so many angles even with a tripod, and it is ridiculously hard to focus when you're on the wrong side of the lens. Therefore, do not expect too much from these photos. They would be better if I could have focused all my energy on taking photos instead of posing for them.










No comments:

Post a Comment