Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bloomsday

Bloomsday is a yearly event in Spokane where people run, jog, or walk just over 7 miles. It's super fun. This year, 50,000 people signed up. It was a huge event. Water stations lined the road every few miles, vendors came out with cold refreshments, and the whole downtown city closed down. Did I bring my camera? Yes I did. We walked since we had both a wheelchair and a stroller. Lots of interesting people joined in as you will see from my pictures. There's also a tradition where people throw clothes up in trees. Generally it's cool before the race begins, but as you move, it's a lot warmer. People take off excess clothing (sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc) and stick them in the trees. Later, people come by and pick them all up in order to donate them to Goodwill. Anyway, I'm sure you're dying to see pictures of this incredible event. Well, here you go.












































No comments:

Post a Comment