Thursday, May 2, 2013

Word of the Day: Vernal

Not that you would know if I didn't tell you, but I'm cheating a bit on this one. That's because "vernal" was yesterday's word, but it slipped my mind. That's why I'm posting about it today. "Vernal" means "of, relating to, or occurring in the spring." You know what occurs in the spring? Gardening. Everyone breaks out their hoes, spades, shovels, and sometimes saws (for the nasty roots) in an effort to return their yards to pre-winter glory. Our house has two gardens since we have two families living there. We haven't planted them in the ground yet because they are in starters. It's been too cold to plant them in their proper location. That means we have no green in our gardens. How, then, do I have a picture of vernal gardening? That's easy. The boys planted a privacy wall. I got lots of pictures of the process, and I may share them with you later if you behave. For now, here's one simple picture for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment