Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 23: Sunflare

Did you know that it is REALLY hard to take a picture of a sunflare (or lens flare) when it is cloudy/foggy? Well, that was what the weather was like all day today in Spokane. Fortunately for me and for this challenge, my husband and I had already planned on taking a day trip to Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Though there were a few clouds and some fog when we first got there; however, it was mostly sunny with blue skies as the day progressed. I got my sunflare picture over Couer d'Alene Lake. We also stumbled upon a restaurant Guy Fieri visited on an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, but that has nothing to do with photography. This photo is extra special because there's not one, but TWO lens flares. No, I didn't magically make two suns like on Tattoine. I used what I like to call a "reflection," but I'm sure you smarty pants figured that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment