Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 25: Something Pink

We don't have a lot of pink in the living areas of our house. Tim doesn't exactly enjoy the color, and I didn't want to make anything too girly for him. Therefore, pink threw up in my secret room. Yes, I have a secret room. It is where all my craft things live. This particular something pink looks like a little girl's happy meal toy, and that's exactly what it is. It has sentimental value to me which is why I don't intend to throw it away. My husband and I were in a car accident last April before we got married. I won't go into details because I still don't like thinking about it. We both ended up in the hospital as did the people in the other car, but no one was critically injured thank God. We were about an hour away from my home, so my parents drove out to be with us. I took the biggest hit in our car and had to stay overnight because they wanted to make sure my cracked rib wouldn't lead to pneumonia. Tim, however, got a concussion and doesn't remember what happened for a few hours that day. I remember every detail. Anyway, he was released from the hospital a few hours after the accident while I got my very own hospital room. Yay. My dad took Tim to get some food. They stopped at McDonald's, and Tim wasn't too hungry, so he just got a happy meal. The cashier lady asked him if he wanted a girl's toy or a boy's toy, so naturally Tim replied "boy's." He thought for a quick second and said "No, girl's!" Even though I couldn't eat McDonald's (I was on a clear diet for the night), I still got a happy meal toy to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment